Did anyone say "Self-Care"? Count me in!
Is getting your hair done self care?
Absolutely, there's a reason so many women see their CRISAN Hair Oil treatments as therapeutic. Taking time out of your day to massage your scalp, enhance your hair color, try a new recipe, or enjoy an in-salon CRISAN hair treatment can be a relaxing form of self-care.
What is a good self care routine?
If you’re trying to apply self care practices to your hair care routine, it’s all about relaxing and giving your hair much-needed TLC. Below, we’ve broken down seven ways to upgrade your self care hair routine.
Here are some hair, skin, and wellness rituals to make you feel cared for from the inside out.
1. Exfoliate your scalp.
If you really want to beautify your hair routine, take a page straight from your skin care book and exfoliate your scalp. Just like the skin on your face, an exfoliant can help to keep your scalp in tip-top shape and remove any dead skin cells, excess oil, or impurities.
For those searching for the best ways to exfoliate your scalp at home, try a scalp scrub like the 100+ Hair Strengthening Mask by CRISAN Beauty. This purifying and energizing scalp scrub cleanses away hair build-up and impurities while leaving hair shinier.
2. Supplementing with stress adaptogens
To address stress from within, the stress adaptogen ashwagandha is clinically shown to lower elevated cortisol in chronically stressed adults and reduce feelings of stress and anxiety. A small herb grown in India, ashwagandha becomes mighty when standardized and bio-optimized to the highest quality as it is in the drug-free CRISAN hair growth supplements.
3. Mindful Meditation
Meditation and yoga have been shown to physically decrease levels of stress hormones and the activation of the sympathetic nervous system. Even five minutes of meditation a day on apps like Headspace or Calm can keep chronic stress at bay. If that’s not for you, try reading, journaling, gardening, crafting, cooking, and drawing. Experiment until you find what’s right for you. It’s whatever brings you joy and makes you feel lighter.
4. Hydrating hair and skin from the inside out
We all know drinking water is key. Eight glasses a day is sufficient for most adults. Make health an important factor in your liquid consumption. Stay away from unhealthy drinks such as coffee and soda and opt for something healthy and supportive such as barley water (See Recipe Below)
5. Making regular health and wellness appointments
That dermatologist appointment you keep rescheduling because you’re always busy? The therapist your friend recommended but you haven’t reached out to yet? It’s time to put health and wellness appointments at the top of your priority list. Especially if you’re trying to improve your hair and skin, the guidance and care of a board-certified dermatologist is essential. Everything else can wait! Health first.
6. Healthy cooking and meal planning
Your body deserves the very best. Sometimes that means a home-cooked meal and sometimes it means ordering from DoorDash. And of course we all know there will be pizza and tacos, but rather than focusing on eating less of those things, focus on eating more whole and organic foods. Loading up on nutrient-dense foods and keeping your metabolism in check also helps hair grow long and strong. Eat up!
7. Habit stacking for the win!
Finally, self-care should not feel like work. One of the best ways to avoid wellness burnout is to habit stack. It’s basically stacking a new habit on top of an existing one so you never forget anything or feel overwhelmed.
Here are some habit-stacking ideas for self-care:
- Water + Supplements: If you drink a glass of water every morning, take your supplements at the same time. Or, if you take your supplements every day with a swig of water, switch to a full glass or jug to up your water intake. You can also make water and supplements your pre-workout ritual for a triple-threat!
- Movement + Entertainment: Try timing your daily movement to your favorite show, because a little yoga during “Shark Tank” is the ultimate in balance if you ask us.
- Health & Wellness Appointments + Meal Planning: When you plan your meals and make your grocery list for the week, go ahead and schedule and record your health and wellness appointments at the same time. Exercise classes and hair and nail appointments can go in the calendar, too!
- Meditation + Skin Care Routine: Even five minutes of meditation or a meditative hobby a day is self-care. Try doing this right after your nightly skin care routine to help you wind down for a peaceful night’s sleep.